VAM invests 6 million euros in Maccaferri photovoltaic plants

VAM invests 6 million euros in Maccaferri photovoltaic plants

28/10/2016
|

VAM Investments has announced an investment of 6 million euros in S Solar – a company that belongs to Gruppo Industriale Maccaferri – owning approximately 10MW of photovoltaic plants serving industrial locations such as the Manifatture Sigaro Toscano plant (Lucca), the San Quirico sugar refinery (Parma) and the SAMP plant (Bologna).

With this investment, part in capital increase and part in shareholder loan, VAM Investments acquires 49.9% of S Solar, while the remaining 50.1% remains with Gruppo Industriale Maccaferri through its subsidiary SECI Energia. Maccaferri will keep operating the plants through its subsidiary Enerray.

On behalf of VAM Investments the transaction was carried out by Giuliano Palazzo, who will become a member of the S Solar board.

S Solar is the eight private equity investment for VAM, and the first yield-like. VAM investment model allows its co-investors – leading entrepreneurs and family offices – with access to direct private equity investing in corporate and real assets (infrastructure, real estate, energy,…).

Gruppo Industriale Maccaferri was assisted by L & B Partners Studio Legale Associato (legal documentation) and by L & B Partners S.p.A. (financial advisory).

VAM was advised by Lombardi Molinari Segni (due diligence and legal documentation), REA (technical due diligence) and Studio Colombo & Associati (tax advisory).

*****
VAM Investments is the private equity holding company founded by Ennio Valerio Boccardi and Marco Piana, specializing in growth capital and buyouts. VAM portfolio also includes: the dental clinics chain DentalPro, the manufacturer of motorized self-balancing wheelchair Genny Mobility, and Soundreef, the first independent management entity in Europe that distributes copyrights in the music business.

Gruppo Industriale Maccaferri is managed by the holding company S.E.C.I. Since 1949 the Group has been active in several industrial sectors through its six companies: Officine Maccaferri (environmental engineering), Manifatture Sigaro Toscano (tobacco), Sadam (food and agro-industry), Samp (mechanical engineering), Seci Real Estate (real estate and construction), Seci Energia (energy). The Group, chaired by Gaetano Maccaferri, operates globally with 58 factories and a turnover of 1.2 billion euro in 2015.